Reading Thoughts: Mechanical Turk Work

 This week was super busy and packed, so I'm only getting to my posts and interactions these last few days. 

Mechanical Turk:

Conducting behavioral research on Amazon’s Mechanical Turk - Florida State Univ. (exlibrisgroup.com)

I had vaguely heard of this before. It's like a Task Rabbit, Fiver, or Angie's List for complex research, lab work, and API work. A side hustle for lab work. Interesting! 

The internet has been connecting communities and workers for income for a very long time. This is something that is now fully accessible, for all ranges of work, backgrounds, and locations. I'd like to see a study like this for cab drivers or delivery workers. Do we crowdsource information about a new city when we hop into a cab? Or is it just a service they perform for us? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip through Twitter

Creating A Network: The I4 IDs

Social Butterfly Challenge