For You: An Organic Web 2.0 Trend

 I only recently started using Twitter a lot - since the rumored buy out, purchase, and general transformation. Supposedly I'm not alone here. The platform has way more of an "old internet" feeling now, which is a positive. 

One interesting trend is the inclusion of a "For You" tab. Mirroring other platforms like Tiktok or Instagram, For You captured people you follow, but also recommends tweets, accounts, and content to you using the open source algorithm. This leads to endless content that can be pulled from anywhere. It has pulled me outside my bubble and also pulled me into accounts related to my bubble. Just having content from accounts you manually chose to follow is not enough anymore for any social media platform. Some let you separate between the two, and others blur the lines together. As the internet keeps transforming and evolving, I'm excited about how smarter feeds can let users really have a "choose your own adventure" experience online to use some course terminology. The For You tab can be very nicely curated if you are mindful of your engagement and tell the platform how you feel about certain types of content. 

What would be an educational or training version of a "For You" tab? Pulling content from students around the world? Seeing employee training and information based on your own preferences? What do you think? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip through Twitter

Creating A Network: The I4 IDs

Social Butterfly Challenge